Friday, March 14, 2008

gift for a little one

One of my favorite people, Kara, is about to welcome a precious baby boy into the world. Less than two weeks to go! It's been a long time since I've actually gotten any gifts made, but this was one occasion I just couldn't let pass by. And finally, just in the nick of time, I finished up a baby afghan for the little fellow.



I don't think the photo does it justice. (Though if you click on the photo, you can see the yarn and stitches much better.) It's a really simple pattern...just double crochets alternating two around the post from the front followed by two around the post from the back. Since the stitches are going around the posts, it makes it a heavier afghan. But what I really love about this one is the yarn. It's two rows of white alternating with two rows of a variegated...and the effect is so subtle that it's hard to even pick out the rows.

My only regret: that I can't deliver the gift in person. Sure would love to see Kara and meet the little guy in person!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Debi, she is going to LOVE this! It is beautiful! I can't believe she only has two weeks to go....SOOOOO exciting. And I know the fact that she has been able to carry this one the whole time is making it even more awesome. I've been there and it was so much fun to get to experience EVERYTHING during a pregnancy! I'm so happy for her. And I can't wait to see pics of the new little one wrapped in this beautiful blanket!

Unknown said...

Oh, it is beautiful!! Each of my kids received a handmade blanket when they were born, and they still sleep with them. Bridget's looks a lot like the one you made -so soft and comforting. Great job!