Tuesday, March 18, 2008

a heartfelt thank you

I mentioned a few days ago, over on my everyday blog, that I had won a book from J. Kaye's Book Blog Raffle. Here it is:


Easy Scrapbook Embellishment by Heidi Schueller. I haven't had a lot of time to peruse it thoroughly yet, but I think I'm going to enjoy it. The author's style of scrapbooking is extremely different from mine. (Actually, I'm not sure I have a style--a topic for another post perhaps--but suffice it say that I don't tend to make pages like hers.) But that is one of the cool things about art, isn't it? It's so easy to appreciate it in all its manifestations. And it's so easy to find inspiration...a little something here, a little something there.



Anyway, I really wanted to make J. Kaye a handmade thank you card, and of course, what would be better than to find inspiration from the very book she sent me, right? Hence, this card:




Sewing is definitely nothing new to me. I tend to use both hand sewing and machine stitching quite a bit on my layouts. But I fell totally in love with that beaded flower center! Such a quick, simple way to add a little punch, huh?

I hope J. Kaye likes the card, as I am certainly grateful to her for sending me this book!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Sewing, eh? Maybe we could get you to try quilting yet. Rub hands together and plot furtively...

Unknown said...

What a clever card!

DaCraftyLady said...

how fun, I love winning books...especially ones that I can make things from and learn... :)